Introduction to Veterinary Dentistry and Radiology for Technicians
Friday, Oct 13, 2023
8:00am – 5:00pm
The Introduction to veterinary dentistry and radiology course will be 8 hours of continuing education credits. Topics will include abbreviations used during charting, instruments used during dental cleanings, radiograph positioning and safety. The wet lab portion will go over proper technique in scaling teeth, polishing teeth and radiograph positioning in both cats and dogs.
- Instruments used in dental cleanings
- Probe explorer with shepherd’s hook
- Ultrasonic scaler
- AVDC Abbreviation list and most common abbreviation
- Radiograph positioning
- The technicians will take away a clear understanding of the different uses and proper techniques during ultrasonic and hand scaling and instrument sharpening.
- A list of the AVDC abbreviations will be sent with technicians to help them properly assist in charting patient’s oral pathology.
- The increased knowledge of proper techniques and positioning for dental radiographs in both canine and feline patients.
Length of session: 2 hours of lecture and 6 hours of lab
Presented by: Lauren Beck, LVT (VTS) dentistry, assisted by Summer Carvalho, LVT
CE Credit: 8 hours
Event LocationMontana Pet Dentistry and Oral Surgery
135 Mill Town loop unit C
Bozeman, MT, 59741